Saturday, April 21, 2007

What a beautiful day!!!

Well, the weather has finally broke, there is actually a blue sky up there. Dale is on his way home from fire school, I bet he is pooped. Pat and I went to Jeff's Greenhouse today and I bought two trees. One is a Pink Dogwood, dogwoods were Gerry's favorite. He would see them growing wild in the woods, and want to dig every single one up. But, just like many other things, we were either coming or going, so there was never time to do such a thing. I think I will plant it in the back yard, where the deck and back porch meet. THere is an empty spot there, so it should fit perfect. The other tree it a tree named after me " Crab Apple" I'm not sure of where it will go, but I am gonna recruit some help on that one.

I also purchased a beautiful planter with a geranium, vinca ivy, and some other stuff. I took it the the cemetary, it looked so darn drab out there, so I spruced it up. Gerry is probably fussing at me now because he knows that someone will have to water it, and cut grass around it. I will try to download the picture I took at the cemetary for those of you that can not visit on a regular basis. I am working with Ed on the stone, so hopefully we can have something done by the beginning of the summer.

Getting ready for tonights outing with the bunch. They certainly are taking good care of me and Dale. Hopefully I will catch the shrimp this time.

Have a great evening, talk at ya tomorrow. Oh for those of you that are wondering what TTFN stands for...Tah Tah For Now!!!!

Love dd

2 comments:

Carol Brown said...

Dogwoods are my favorite, too. I am going to buy a couple new ones to plant in my yard, too. I can't wait to see where you plant your tree!! You should put that one out front for all to see!!

We really love your site. Now when I can't talk to you, I feel like I have.

Love ya.

Pat Walker said...

My back is gonna be screaming tomorrow, but those trees will lok pretty next spring. Besides I got the scenic tour.